It’s mealtime, and you need chicken. Where do you go? KFC? Popeyes? Chick-fil-A?
The online entertainment website Thrillist saves its top clucks for Krispy Krunchy Chicken (KKC), calling it America’s best fried chicken, hands-down.
Krispy Krunchy Chicken, established in 1989 in LaFayette, La., makes Cajun-style birds that Thrillist calls “the most underrated item in fast food today.” Its critic called the chicken “expertly balanced with the right amount of garlic, paprika and black pepper” and praised the honey butter biscuits, Cajun rice balls, and macaroni and cheese. Thrillist’s vote of approval was co-signed by New York restaurateur and “Top Chef” contestant Dale Telde.
KKC is typically attached to convenience stores and gas stations and has more then 2,300 locations in the United States, Malaysia and American Samoa, according to Thrillist. Georgia has more than 50 locations, from Adel to Unadilla. In metro Atlanta, you can find KKC in 16 spots:
- Downtown Shell, 160 John Wesley Dobbs Ave. 404.577.4747.
- 5 Point Food N More, 20 Broad St. Suite F. 404.998.5444.
- Piedmont BP, 160 Ponce de Leon Ave., 404.600.2971.
- Exxon Food, 1161 Ponce de Leon Ave. 404.343.0707.
- Lee St. Chevron, 923 Lee St. 404.752.5546.
- MLK Petroleum, 3221 MLK Jr. Drive. 404.696.5722.
- Circle K BP/Joseph E. Lowery, 343 Joseph E. Lowery Blvd. NW. 404.752.7664.
- BP Foodmart, 245 Memorial Drive. 404.523.0035.
- S W Mart, 2710 B Boulder Crest Highway. 404.381.9779.
- Chevron Foodmart, 4340 Fulton Industrial Blvd. 404.691.4875.
- Cleveland Citgo, 655 Cleveland Ave. SW. 404.751.2007.
- Exxon Foodmart, 1050 Holcomb Road, Decatur. 404.424.2545.
- Royal Foodmart, 5604 Old Dixie Highway. 404.366.7862.
- Happy Stop, 622 Allen Drive. 913.244.8980.
- Foodmart Shell, 1104 Thornton Road, Lithia Springs. 770.941.2041.
- Hwy. 92 Marathon, 870 N. GA 92, Douglasville. 770.949.1747.