Photo courtesy High Museum of Art.
The High Museum of Art will welcome the general public back to its exhibits starting July 18, and we have all of the details on its reopening!
Keep reading for some important notes on recent changes and actions the museum has taken to support social distancing, minimize large gatherings, and keep the health and safety of the Atlanta community top of mind.
Note: The museum reopened to all members and frontline workers on July 7 to show its appreciation to its supporters and all those who have continued to keep our community going throughout the pandemic. All health care workers, teachers, grocery store clerks, delivery truck drivers, and logistics workers have free, exclusive admission, along with members, to the museum (with a valid ID) through Friday, July 17.
- Timed tickets will be required for every person who visits the Museum to help the museum monitor capacity.
- Members are always free; however, a reserved timed ticket will be necessary for your visit to help monitor the number of visitors entering the museum. For information about becoming a member, click here.
- All tickets should be reserved online to secure the desired date and time of your planned visit.
- The High Museum of Art has adopted summer museum hours through August 31, 2020.
- Closed Mondays.
- Tuesday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. There will be no evening hours on Fridays.
- Sunday, noon–5 p.m.
- Shop Hours: Tuesday–Sunday, noon–5 p.m.
PPE and COVID-19
- Public-facing museum staff will be required to wear masks.
- Museum visitors over the age of two are required to wear face coverings during their visit.
- Please stay at home if you are feeling ill or have been exposed to COVID-19 in the fourteen (14) days prior to your visit.
- Social distancing will be encouraged and indicated by floor decals and signage throughout the museum.
For your safety
- All in-person Museum events and programming (e.g., Toddler Thursdays, HIGH Frequency Fridays, Friday Jazz, and Second Sundays) have been canceled through August 31 due to gathering guidelines.
- Physical maps will no longer be available at the Guest Relations desk. Please use digital maps or heartmatch as a guide.
- Coat check will be closed. Please plan ahead as visitors will not be permitted to bring large umbrellas, large bags, or luggage inside the museum.
- The museum will not be offering strollers and wheelchairs for use due to COVID-19.
- The Museum Shop will implement a one-way traffic model for entry and exit.
- There can be no more than twelve (12) people in the shop at a time.
Click here to read more about the High Museum of Art and its Welcome Back FAQs!