If there’s one thing the theatre community is notorious for, it’s resilience. Historically, when times have been tough, artists have come together to show the world that there is hope, no matter what the circumstances.
As COVID-19 has sequestered us all to the comfort of our homes, the Atlanta theatre community has made it possible for us to see our local artists in action. Whether it be reading children’s books, making dance master-class videos, or even recording entire performances, our city’s local thespians are far from taking a covid-cation.
Today’s glimpse into our talented Atlanta theatre community comes from Out Front Theatre Company, presenting a little Christmas in April treat: The Ethel Merman Disco Christmas Spectacular.
“Do you need a little Christmas? Right this VERY minute?! Pay the price that works best for you and your viewing party and watch ANYTIME! You’ll get an automatic email with a link/password and you can start watching RIGHT AWAY!”Out Front Theatre Company
Click here to purchase pay-what-you-can tickets, starting at $1. The theatre will send patrons an email with login information upon purchase.
About The Ethel Merman Disco Christmas Spectacular
The Ethel Merman Disco Christmas Spectacular imagines what Ethel Merman’s unaired 1979 Christmas television special would be like. Taking place on stage at the iconic Studio 54, the same year that the Queen of Broadway released her now famous disco record, the show is filled with classic Christmas song set to a dance floor beat and punctuated by such stars as Andy Warhol, Donna Summer, Truman Capote, and more!
Just the facts
Available digitally: Through April 27
Behind the show
- Director – Paul Conroy
- Music Director – Nicholas Silvestri
- Choreographer – Jordan Kenyon Smith
- Assistant Director – Justin Kalin
- Production Stage Manager – Sydney Lee
- Assistant Stage Manager – Katie Malloy
- Costume Designer – Jay Reynolds
- Lighting Designer – Charles Swift
- Scenic and Property Designer – Austin Kunis
- Wig and Hair Designer – Michael McFarlin
- Fight Choreographer – Max Mattox
- Dramaturg – Elliot Folds
- Ethel Merman – Lynn Grace
- Jimmy Sinclair – Russel Scott
- Isaac Aherns – Rial Ellsworth
- Andy Warhol – Davin Grindnstaff
- Donna Summer – Alaina Holeman
- Michael Jackson – Patrick Coleman
- Truman Capote – Brandon Deen
- Mark – Max Mattox
- Douglas – Cansler McGhee
- Raymond – Michael Dotson
- Brenda – Caty Bergmark
- Peggy – Emily Whitley
- Lori – Zafyre Sexton