A couple of sing-alongs and a whole lot of Harry Potter comprise the Fox Theatre’s 2017 Coca-Cola Summer Film Festival.
The fest features 12 movies and one Saturday morning of cartoons. It begins July 16 with the documentary The Legend Lives On: Atlanta’s Fox Theatre and a showing of the classic Disney short Steamboat Willie from 1928. It ends Labor Day weekend with a Beauty and the Beast sing-along. Select screenings will include a vintage cartoon sing-along and music from the Mighty Mo organ.
All eight Harry Potter films, broken into two triple bills and one double bill, will screen. Eight-packs and multiple-screening packages are available.
Discounted $8 general admission tickets are available now at the Fox box office, online HERE or by calling 855.285.8499. Tickets go up to $10 on July 1. Day-of-show tickets are $12.
Tickets to The Legend Lives On/Steamboat Willie screening are free but must be reserved in advance (fees apply when reserving online) and are limited to six per person. Saturday morning cartoon tickets are $5.
Sing-alongs ($15 and $20) are reserved seating only. The Fox is at 660 Peachtree St. NE. in Midtown. For general Fox information, go HERE.
- The Legend Lives On: Atlanta’s Fox Theatre / Steamboat Willie. 2 p.m. Sunday, July 16.
- Casablanca, a 75th anniversary screening of the 1942 Humphrey Bogart-Ingrid Bergman classic. 7:30 p.m. Thursday, July 20.
- Mary Poppins sing-along. 2 p.m. Sunday, July 23.
- Saturday AM Cartoons. 10 a.m. July 29.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Noon Saturday, Aug. 5.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. 4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 5.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 5.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Noon Saturday, Aug. 12.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. 4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 12.
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 12.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1. Noon Sunday, Aug. 13.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2. 4 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 13.
- Beauty and the Beast sing-along. (1991 animated film). 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 3.
MOVIE TOURS. Tours through the Fox’s non-public spaces take place before seven screenings — The Legend Lives On, Casablanca, Mary Poppins, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 and Beauty and the Beast. Tickets are $25 and must be purchased with a movie ticket. Limited to 20 people per tour. Because of tight spaces and lots of stairs, tours are not recommended for age 7 or younger and anyone with mobility issues.
PARKING: Select Lanier lots near the Fox Theatre offer $5 parking for fest patrons while spaces are available. Call the Fox for details (404.881.2100).