For help with planning your trip, check out VistGreenvilleSC.com.
- Grill Marks. Burgers and shakes to rock palates of all ages. 209 S. Main St. Details HERE or at 864.233.5825.
Kitchen Sync. Neighborhood eatery, cozy setting, comfort cuisine. 1609 Laurens Road. Details HERE or at 864.568.8115.
- The Lazy Goat. Global tastes from Italy to Africa. 207 S. Main St. Details HERE or at 864.679.5299.
- Roost. Ultra-fresh breakfast and lunch buffets voted the top in town by Greenville News readers. 220 N. Main St. Details HERE or at 864.298.2424.
- Smoke on the Water. Smoked meats, sauces, sides and sweets. 1 Augusta St. Details HERE or at 864.232.9091.
- UP on the Roof. Lunch, brunch and dinner with handcrafted bottled cocktails and local/regional craft beer. In the Embassy Suites RiverPlace, 250 Riverplace. Details HERE or at 864.242.4000.
- The Art Crossing at RiverPlace. Visit artists in their studios, browse the shops. 300 River St. Details HERE. No phone.
- Bikeville. Cyclist-friendly city community initiative with maps, parking info and more. Details HERE.
- Bike the Rabbit. A rental bike can be delivered to your hotel or trailhead so you can explore the city and Swamp Rabbit Trail. 1021 S. Main St. Details HERE or at 864.990.5446.
- BMW Performance Center. Drive a Beamer on 137 private acres the way you can’t drive on public roads. Professional instructors. 1155 S.C. 101 South in Greer. Details HERE or at 888.345.4269.
- Centre Stage. Intimate live theater and music featuring local and visiting talent. 501 River St. Details HERE or at 864.233.6733.
- The Children’s Museum of the Upstate. Three floors of hands-on exhibits, classes and storytelling. 300 College St. Details HERE or at 864.233.7755.
- Dark Corner Distillery. Carolina moonshine history lesson and $5 whiskey tastings. 14 S. Main St. Details HERE or at 864.631.1144.
- Fluor Field at the West End. Home of the Greenville Drive, a Class A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox. The field is modeled after Fenway Park. Tickets: South Main and Augusta streets. $8-$16 in advance; $9-$17 day of. Tickets HERE or at 864.240.4528.
- Furman’s Upcounty History Museum. Local history and culture plus noted exhibits for children. 540 Buncombe St. Details HERE or at 864.467.3100.
- Golf. More than a dozen courses within 20 miles of the city. Details HERE.
- Greenville County Museum of Art. One of the best Andrew Wyeth collections anywhere. Wyeth himself once said so. 420 College St. Details HERE or at 864.271.7570.
- Parks. More than 50 parks, facilities and community programs in Greenville County. Details HERE.
- The Peace Center. Home to six arts companies (Carolina Ballet Theatre, Greenville Chorale, Greenville County Youth Orchestras, Greenville Symphony Orchestra, International Ballet and South Carolina Children’s Theater) and where Broadway and touring shows land. 101 W. Broad St. Details HERE or at 864.467.3000.
LOVE (TO SHOP)
- Beija-Flor Denim Salon. Internationally praised jeans designed for women by women. 618 S. Main St. Details HERE or at 864.373.9497.
- Cottage Grove Vintage Market. Retro and antique décor plus classes, tips and supplies for upcycling furniture. 2310 E. North St. Details HERE or at 64.423.9661.
- Mast General Store. Old-time variety shop carrying everything from travel gear to things you didn’t know you needed. 111 N. Main St. Details HERE or at 864.235.1883.
- Pedal Chic. Cycling gear in a community for women. 651-B S.Main St. Details HERE or at 864.242.2442.
- The Pink Azalea. Southern gift boutique specializing in personalized goods. 17 S. Main St. Details HERE or at 864.233.2919.
- TD Saturday Market. Local vegetables, fruits, eggs, cheese, meats, crafts, lotions and potions, etc. 8 a.m.-noon May-October. Main Street at McBee Avenue. Details HERE or at 864.467.4494.
- Ten Thousand Villages. Fair trade retailer featuring artisan goods from 130 countries. 207 N. Main St. Details HERE or at 864.239.4120.