Sponsored by the city’s Office of Cultural Affairs, the series is a chance to tap into the wealth of inspiration and creativity as Atlanta itself becomes an artistic canvas. All activities are free and open to the public. This weekend’s events:
- “Banho De Luz,” a mixed-media installation and interactive video event, can be seen at the corner of Peachtree and Baker streets. 8-11 p.m. Oct. 25.
- Art walking tours, offering insights into the temporary and permanent public art downtown, beginn at the Peachtree Center Plaza courtyard. Noon-2 p.m. Oct. 25-26.
- Evening art walking tour, showcasing downtown’s public art as well as works from the Elevate series; beginning at Peachtree Center Plaza courtyard. 6-8 p.m. Oct. 25.
- Elevate South Broad mural painting, with nationally renowned graffiti artists including Hense and Born transforming four South Broad Street building facades. Noon-6 p.m. Oct. 26.
- Elevate South Broad Festival, a street party showcasing the new murals, with music and dance performances, food trucks and vendors. 4-8 p.m. Oct. 27.