Golf Advisor magazine has asked its readers to rank Georgia’s best public golf courses, and more than 4,000 compiled. Topping the list: King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort on St. Simons Island.
This inaugural Georgia ranking lists 15 courses (from among 93 considered). The ranking represents how a course met or exceeded a golfer’s expectations rather than a course’s history, design or potential as other such lists do.
Of King and Prince one voter wrote: “Lots of majestic oaks dripping with moss and the water holes are breathtaking. We usually see a gator or two and today was no exception. The greens are fast and fairways forgiving. We all had a great time, as usual.”
Here are the rankings. Do you agree? For more details go HERE.
1. King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort, St. Simons Island
2. Achasta Golf Club, Dahlonega
3. The Georgia Club, Statham
4. The Club at Savannah Harbor, Savannah
5. Brasstown Valley Resort, Young Harris
6. Oak Mountain Championship Golf Club, Carrollton
7. Stonebridge Golf Club, Rome
8. Canyon Ridge Golf Club, Rising Fawn
9. Indian Mound Course at Jekyll Island Golf Club, Jekyll Island
10. Crosswinds Golf Club, Savannah
11. Cherokee Run Golf Club, Conyers
12. SummerGrove Golf Club, Newnan
13. Fields Ferry Golf Club, Calhoun
14. Butternut Creek Golf Course, Blairsville
15. Orchard Golf & Country Club, Clarkesville