Atlanta Metropolitan Publishing (AMP) is a service-oriented organization dedicated to building relationships and connecting our customers and audience digitally, in print, online, through promotions and at AMP-branded live events.
We are committed to strong business and social initiatives, superior customer service and the production of high-quality products in a variety of media. Our innovative content, adaptable communications strategy, educational events and gradual expansion into new markets, combined with our ability to anticipate market trends and customer needs, helps us not only achieve our goals, it ensures our continued growth.
We are a family-owned small business. We care about our employees, our partners and our audience. We also care deeply about our community and our place in the world, and have developed a number of initiatives to minimize the footprint we leave behind.
AMP core values
- Customer service
Our office policies
- We recycle/reuse everything we can.
- We use eco-friendly cleaning products.
- We use flatwear, dishes and glasses instead of disposables.
- We freecycle (freecycle.com).
- We minimize paper usage whenever possible.
- We utilize energy-efficient lightbulbs.
- We work to reduce our overall energy use.
- We encourage employees to carpool.
- When viable, we help employees set up and maintain virtual offices.
- We involve employees in our goal-setting and initiative making, and empower them to be stakeholders in our success.
- We celebrate what each employee brings to the table.
- We believe the experience you have at work should be a positive one that enhances your quality of life.
Our sustainable initiatives
- We support other small businesses.
- We seek to do business with other socially and environmentally responsible organizations.
- We support local speakers, vendors and entertainers in the cities where we produce events.
- Our annual publication is printed with soy inks.
- We constantly search for greener, cost-efficient ways to print all our publications.
- We consistently work to reduce the waste of people’s time as well as natural resources.
- We strive to improve the quality of our events and products as we search for new ways to make them greener.
- We seek to minimize our carbon footprint on the environment.
How we give back:
- We offer employee, partner and attendee education on topics of sustainability year-round through our editorial content and PYM LIVE Events.
- We partner with local non-profit organizations when we hold events, so we can benefit the communities we do business in. For example, in summer 2008, our attendees and partners raised 240 pounds of food for the Atlanta Community Food Bank.
- We annually support the East Atlanta Kids Club through donations raised by Whatever You Believe In holiday concerts and its spring Bike Rally.
- Through Encore Atlanta, and our partnerships with the Fox Theatre and the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, we develop programs and products designed help them raise funds. In June 2011, we helped raise more than $20,000 for UNICEF and the Fox Theatre.
- Through Plan Your Meetings, we proudly sponsor the Green Meeting Industry Council and promote their initiatives to our audience.
- Locally, our employees support The Dorothy Benson Senior Center in Sandy Springs through outreach and service, regularly staffing, setting up and breaking down their frequent holiday events.
- Globally, we support UNICEF by collecting donations year-round at our events and promoting their cause. In January 2010, our PYM LIVE Atlanta attendees raised more than $100 to donate to Haitian relief efforts through UNICEF.
About our local charity of choice: The Dorothy Benson Senior Center
The Dorothy Benson Senior Center offers services and classes designed to promote dignity and independent choice for local senior citizens. Three levels of offerings cater to the independent, the semi-independent and dependent senior. Classes are offered in the areas of education, nutrition, health and wellness, aquatic and land fitness, socialization and recreation. Plus, the center offers movie nights, special social events, trips and tours.
We are proud to be of service to the elders in our community. We are one of the go-to organizations the center comes to when they need volunteers. And we encourage our employees to take a day of service to donate to the center.
About our global charity of choice: UNICEF
We believe in Zero.
We invite you to join us in our efforts to save the world’s children.
20,000 children die every day from preventable causes. We believe that number should be zero.
Everything that UNICEF does is for one purpose: to help children survive. Almost 10 million children die needlessly every year. Every moment of every day, UNICEF is on the ground providing lifesaving help for children in need. They provide families with clean water and sanitation, vaccinate against childhood illness, and help protect children against malaria. They provide nourishment to fight malnutrition and care for children affected by AIDS. They protect children from abuse and give them an education. They ensure that all children lead a healthy, humane and dignified life.
UNICEF has been helping children for over 60 years, and has saved more children’s lives than any other organization in the world. They have the history and the experience to overcome obstacles like politics and poverty — even war — which can stand in the way of helping a child survive.
Because of the longevity, mission and accomplishments of this non-profit organization, AMP has made a commitment to support UNICEF as its global charity of choice. At each of our PYM LIVE Events, you’ll notice a donation box. If you are moved to make a donation, all amounts are appreciated. Thank you for your commitment to change.